How To Monetize Facebook page and Make Money: Do you know that Facebook Monetization is a great way to start making money online? As a Facebook creator you can publish video contents and make huge amount of money from your content. Popular Nigeria creators like Mr funny, Mc Mbakara, Mark Angel and couple of them earn massive figures through Monetizing their pages.
In Nigeria, Facebook is a particularly popular social media platform, with over 40 million users according to statista.com. This presents a huge opportunity for content creators to monetize their Facebook pages.
The first step to monetizing your Facebook page is to build an engaged audience. This can be done by posting interesting and relevant content, interacting with your followers, and using Facebook ads to reach new people. Once you have an engaged audience, you can start monetizing your page in a number of ways. We’re going to explore 5 possible ways to make money from your Facebook page.
What is Facebook Monetization and How does it work in Nigeria?
In a very simple definition Facebook monetization can be define as a way of making money on Facebook through your contents.
There are various ways that users can easily monetize their pages and earn a good fortune from them. Whichever way you choose to monetize your Facebook has some specific requirements that must be met. Firstly, you’re required to gain a minimum of 10,000 followers on your page then publish high quality contents, build your audience.
5 ways to monetize your Facebook page
Monetizing your Facebook page has become a major concern among Nigeria upcoming creators so in this article, let me show you 5 ways you can make money from your Facebook page.
1. Facebook ads monetization
Facebook ads monetization is unarguably the most considered option among content creators in Nigeria. It involves Facebook displaying ads on your videos and pay you based on total ad view. Here are the mostly considered Facebook ad option among Nigeria content creators:
I. Monetize your Facebook page through in-stream ad
This is widely the most considered way to monetize your Facebook page and start making money from it. In-stream ad are type of Facebook ad that are been displayed to users when they watch videos on Facebook. The amount you earn through in-stream ad is calculated in various ways including number of ad views, CPC and RPM. Nigeria creators makes an average of $200,000.
- You must reside in Nigeria
- You must be 18 years and above
- Must have a minimum of 5,000 followers
- You must have a minimum of 60,00 minutes watch for the past 60 days
- You must have shared your 3 or more eligible videos.
II. Monetize your live videos on Facebook
Live video is a great way to connect with your audience in real-time, and Facebook has made it possible to monetize live videos as well. To monetize a live video, you must have a Facebook Page with 10,000 or more followers, and you must be using a video encoder to broadcast your live video. Once you meet these requirements, you can enable monetization and choose the type of ad you want to display. Ads that appear during live videos are either image ads or video ads that play for 15 seconds. You can earn money from these ads based on the number of views and the length of time users watch the ads.
- Must reside in an eligible country
- Must be 18 years and above
- You must have a minimum of 10,000 followers
- You must have a minimum of 600,000 live watch minutes for the past 60 days
- You must have gone live 3 or times for the past 30 days.
2. Monetize your Facebook page through affiliate program
Another popular way to make money from your Facebook page is through affiliate program, of course we see a lot of content creators persuading you to sign up to a certain platform using their promo code or affiliate link. Affiliate marketing is the act of promoting and selling a product for brands using you unique link or code. Affiliate marketing is also another way to make money from your page. If you can grow a huge fanbase on your page, build trust with them, then you’re good to go.
Here are steps to monetize your page through affiliate.
- Analyze your audience and find out what they might be interested in
- Create an affiliate account with the brand that best suits your content
- Setup your affiliate account and get your unique affiliate link.
- Promote and embed your affiliate link when uploading contents on your page.
- Finally, keep on promoting your affiliate link on your page.
Recommended>>>20 Daily income Business in Nigeria to consider in 2024
3. Shoot sponsored adverts/contents for brands
Do you know that another way to make huge amount of money is to shoot sponsored contents for brands. That’s why I said earlier that you should always publish high School contents that can attract suitable brands for you. Once brands start finding out that your page has a huge engagement and reach wide audience, they will definitely contact you and pay you for sponsored contents.
Here are things to do to attract brands on your Facebook page
- Create and grow your Facebook page followers: brands like to work with creators that has huge followers and fans so it’s necessary to grow your page.
- Create high quality original contents: Create high quality and original contents that’s capable of attract brands and individuals.
- Be open for sponsored contents: trying letting brands and individuals know that you’re open for sponsored contents. You can do this by writing it as a caption under your page profile picture and under comment sections.
- Finally, Charge affordable prices: Also consider to charge what brands and individuals will be willing to pay.
4. Become a brand ambassador/influencer
You can also make money as a brand ambassador or an influencer through your FB page. When brands finds your content worthy, they will definitely contact you and hand you an endorsement deals, all you have to do is to build a great fanbase that understand and love your contents. Your engagement with your followers will contribution a lot in becoming a successful brand ambassador.
5. Sale merchandise or offer services
Another way to monetize your Facebook page is by either selling merchandise (products) or offer services. For example if you’re a content creator, you can offer services like content monetization training and users who are willing to learn will consult you and pay for your service, MC Mbakara is another popular content creator who offer services.
Selling merchandise involves selling products such as t-shirt, shorts, mobile phone and accessories or whatever. Selling merchandise is also a good way to make a valuable amount of money.
Recommended>>>How does Kingsettmining work? Legit or Scam
Benefits of Facebook monetization
There are a lot of benefits why you should consider Monetizing your contents on Facebook and here are some:
- Allows you to earn money from your contents: As a Facebook content creators one of the benefits you enjoy is the opportunity to earn money from your contents. A lot of Nigerian contents creators are millionaires, consider people Broda Shaggi, Brainjotter or even Mark Angel.
- Be your own boss and work independent: When you monetize your Facebook contents, you have full access over page and contents, you can work independently without relying on anyone.
- Get discovered by brands and advertisers: When you start Monetizing your contents, brands and advertisers will be willing to work with you which is more opportunity to make money online.
- Motivates you to work harder: Do you know that when you start seeing a dime on your page that you will be motivated to work hard? Yes, one of the benefits of Facebook monetization is that is motivates you to wanting to do better.
- Opportunity to reach wider audience: When you start monetizing your Facebook contents, you will try exploring what a specific set of people like, then you work towards that and from there you can reach wider audience.
Can I Monetize my Facebook page in Nigeria?
No, the truth is that Nigeria is currently not eligible for Facebook content monetization. You might be wondering how a lot of Nigeria content creators monetize their pages, the truth is that they find someone who lives in an eligible country and have them monetize the page for them. So if you’re planning on monetizing your page then, you have to also look for someone’s that lives in an eligible country to help you apply for FB ads monetization.
Recommended>>>What is SproutGigs and How does it Work in Nigeria?
Facebook monetization policies
Even if you have someone to help you monetize your Facebook page in an eligible country, there are some policy that must be met before you can be considered which includes:
- Reside in an eligible country
- Post non copyrighted contents
- Don’t post sexual or suggestive activities
- Be 18 old and above
- Have a minimum of 5k followers
- Avoid tragedy or conflict contents
- Avoid abusive or assaultive contents.
Here are some of the Facebook monetization policy that must be met before you can be considered for monetization. To learn more click here
How to setup your Facebook page for monetization
Once again, there after you might have met all Facebook monetization policy, the next step is setting up your Facebook account for monetization and here is how to do that:
- Login to your Meta business suits and choose your preferred page to monetize if you have multiple pages.
- From your dashboard click on Monetization tab to setup
- Scroll down and check your eligiblity status, if you’re eligible for monetization then click on Setup
Have in mind that if you’re in Nigeria, you wouldn’t be able to monetize your page.
Finally, Monetizing your Facebook page in Nigeria is a great way to start making money online and become independent. Infact as a content creator that is consistent you wouldn’t go hungry or lack anything. However, there are some certain requirements that must be met before you become eligible for monetization. The fact that Nigeria isn’t eligible shouldn’t stop you from monetizing your page, you can reach out to content creators and beg them to help you monetize your page for you.
If you have any additional questions scroll down to the comment section and I will definitely get back to you.